About Gil Pizano
Hello and welcome! “Life is too short, make it a choice to enjoy it and bring others along! The ride is more enjoyable when you have company.” On this site, you’ll find information about personal and professional development, inspiration, diversity, mentoring and leadership among many other things. I’m a person with a passion for life, people, business, and networking and this site is an avenue for sharing thoughts on these topics. I’ll also be sharing information from my speaking engagements. You will never find any information from me that is negative or destructive on this site. This is my personal promise to you! It is a living and breathing site so it is consistently evolving and growing. I welcome your ideas! My personal message to you is to learn what you can about yourself, keep growing and share it with others. Never allow complacency to overcome your life…no matter how tempting it may feel. Life is simply too short to stop growing! What many people who enjoy life have discovered is that continuous growth and enjoyment of life are virtually synonymous. I invite you to become a member my blog and I promise if you do you will learn some interesting nuggets that will help you or someone you know enjoy more out of life. Also, feel free to leave me a comment and let me get to know you as well! To contact me, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some other personal information about me:
- Over 20 years of business experience leading groups for entertainment, technology and financial industries.
- Currently a member of senior management and in charge of the business intelligence segment of a major international A & D organization.
- MBA from the University of Hartford’s Barney School of Business along with a Bachelor of Science in engineering from the University of Hartford’s College of Engineering.
- Martial artist with over 30 years’ experience; trained law enforcement, EMT and military personnel in various forms of armed and unarmed self-defense scenarios.
- Member of the board of directors for the Connecticut chapter of the National Society of Hispanic MBAs where I focus on the organizations mission of “fostering Hispanic leadership through graduate management education and professional development in order to improve society.”
- Founding member of a Toastmasters group for a large international corporation’s employees where I served on the organization’s board for three consecutive years ensuring that a solid foundation was created in order for the group to be successful in achieving the Toastmasters mission.
- Favorite view of life is to stop playing it safe and start creating what’s truly possible in life by stretching yourself and taking risks.
- A lifelong student of leadership.
In my spare time, I enjoy: reading, running, resistance/weight training, martial arts, mentoring, volunteering, technology, spending time with family and friends. Favorite Movies Amadeus, Good Will Hunting, Gladiator, A Beautiful Mind, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Favorite Music Latin Music, Hard Rock, Classical, Country, Hip-Hop….I pretty much love it all. Heroe(s) Albert Einstein, Mother Theresa, St Francis of Assisi, Gandhi; People who are Overcomers!!