35 Great Sites and Articles for Tips on How to Have a Positive Attitude
Can the choice of attitude in your life have an affect on the things that happen to you? I’m a firm believer that it can. Time and time again I’ve been witness to these effects. Both with me and with others. Whenever I choose to have a good attitude, I realize that the level of negative stress in my life is greatly reduced. At the same time, I notice that I recognize more opportunities presenting themselves when I have a better or positive attitude. On the flip side, it’s interesting how people who choose to have a bad or negative attitude seem to have more “bad luck” occurring in their lives. Why is that?
A fellow in one of the offices I work in has an issue. He has a distinct problem seeing anything positive in his life. Both in himself and in any of the situations he’s involved in, he is the first to point out the problem and proceed by complaining about it. Using phrases such as, “Can you believe they left it like that?” or “What were they thinking when they did that?” or even a phrase such as “I don’t know why we should continue to put up with that?” (for the nth time). I’m sure no one reading this post knows of anyone like that .
With that in mind, I decided to do some researching online for sites and articles about how to have a better attitude. Below are some of the ones that had some valuable information on the subject. Enjoy them and pass it on!
- 100 Positive-Thinking Exercises That Will Make Any Patient Healthier & Happier – Sometimes even the best medicine and healthcare is not enough for a full recovery. For patients struggling with illness or dealing with a major life change, these positive thinking exercises can mean all the difference.
- 9 Tips for Keeping a Positive Outlook – Good article with some simple and straightforward ideas for people to try.
- Be Committed to Having a Positive Attitude – Good article on choosing to have a positive attitude and how it differs from what people believe is a “skill” when in fact it is all about attitude.
- Buzzle.com – a site comprised of a dynamic network of authors and content contributors. Authors and content contributors create an informative, yet comfortable place for finding information about everything from animals to tourism. They have a large selection of articles on having a positive attitude.
- CrushPessimism.com – Blog on how to bring back the openness, the determination, the ease, the levity, the mental health, the persistence, and the sincerity that was once native to your mind, and how to help others do the same.
- EgoDevelopment.com – personal development for a perfect life.
- Empowering-Solutions — A blog dedicated to empowering others to make positive changes in their lives. Positive people are happier, attract more positive people and are healthier. Learn how to make changes for the better, focus on you and see the difference.
- Ezinearticles.com – a great site where there are over 5800 articles on positive attitude, over 2100 articles on creativity and over 7600 articles on stress management.
- Happiness is Contagious according to Harvard Study – Interesting article on a study by Harvard Medical School and the University of California, San Diego demonstrates the indirect spread of happiness.
- Have A Positive Attitude In 7 Simple Steps — Positive attitude is very important to being successful and happy. Have you ever looked at people who always seem happy and enjoy life with envy and wish you could be more like them?
- HelpOthers.org – kindness is contagious. Keep it going. A portal dedicated to small acts of kindness.
- How to Keep a Sharp Mind and Good Attitude — We all want to keep our minds sharp and fresh. By working to keep your mind sharp, you can improve your attitude.
- Just One Thing – Good article by Adam Khan, author of the book “Self-Help-Stuff-That-Works”.
- LifeOptimizer.org – How to live life to the fullest through personal growth. Life Optimizer is about how to live life to the fullest through personal growth.
- Mayo Clinic – Believe it or not, this website has some very concise good articles on the subject of how to relieve stress. In the main page just type in “stress relief.”
- MoodRaiser.com — Blog on simple methods for lifting your general feeling of well-being, happiness, optimism, and increasing your positive attitude.
- Motivational-Well-Being.com – This website contains tons of free motivational tools and resources such as quotes, videos, songs, poems, speeches, articles and much more to assist you in actively pursuing your goals.
- Positive Attitude Tips – You can transform your life with a positive attitude. See how easily you can develop one.
- Positive Attitude Tips for When You’re Around Negative People – Good article for advice of when you’re around a person who is negative. Unfortunately, there is an old country saying that goes, “Pigs don’t know pigs stink”.
- Positive Psychology: Being Grateful & Optimistic Increases Happiness — Article describing positive psychology research findings on increasing happiness with gratitude, optimism, and kindness activities.
- Positive Thinking Techniques — Be A Happier Person – When it comes to stopping those negative thoughts, there are a number of positive thinking techniques that can help.
- PositiveQuotes.org – Here you will find positive quotes to encourage you, to inspire you, and for you to share with others.
- Self Growth.com — A website dedicated to Self Improvement and Personal Growth. Their mission is to provide information ranging from Goal Setting and Stress Management to Natural Health and Alternative Medicine.
- SelfEsteem2Go.com – a self-esteem building website created to give people a better understanding of who they are, what the reasons are behind their conscious and unconscious activity and how self talk and internal attitudes affect both esteem and confidence on a daily basis.
- Successconsciousness.com – Information, tips and advice on positive thinking, and how it can transform and improve one’s habits, life and attitude.
- TerryStarbucker.com – Rambling from a glass half full. Blog on the concept of what’s called “Half-Fullism”. His tag line is “dealing with the literal world in a positive way”.
- The Happiness Project – site of best-selling writer Gretchen Rubin. On this blog, she shares her insights to help you create your own happiness project. Great tips on being happy!
- The Positivity Blog – A blog dedicated to helping people “increase happiness and awesomeness”.
- The Power of Positive Thinking and Attitude – article by author Jack Black on the subject of having a positive attitude and its effect on life span expectancy.
- The Practical Self-Help Blog – The motto of this blog is “If you don’t start doing something differently in your life, than nothing about it is going to change.” Some good and helpful ideas.
- The Road to Happiness — Article on 10 steps to building contentment.
- The WooHoo! Report – Serving up good news daily.
- The-Benefits-of-Positive-Thinking.com — Grab the reins of your life! Find out what the benefits of positive thinking can do for you.
- Well Being = Positive Mental Health — Article which talks about how gratitude is more important than prosperity in determining happiness.
- YouMeWorks.com — a site containing articles on feeling good often and becoming more effective with your actions.