Finding Information about Mentoring
It’s funny how in this digital age of ours, there is still a large number of people who are not able to find what they are looking for. I’m talking about people who are already connected to the internet, are reasonably internet savvy, and are able to perform searches via Google, Yahoo or what have you.
In the interest of helping people find good information about mentoring, I’ve decided to point out some avenues that I believe will help.
Websites and Blogs about Mentorships:
- Quintessential Careers — A comprehensive career development site with many articles on the subject such as “The Value of Mentorship” by Katharine Hansen, Ph.D..
- About.com — an online neighborhood of hundreds of helpful experts, eager to share their wealth of knowledge with visitors.
- Mentoring.org — known as one of the nation’s premier advocates and resources for the expansion of mentoring initiatives nationwide serving young people in their communities.
Online Mentorship Groups:
- The Professional and Amateur Mentoring Group — Group on LinkedIn.com created to help the ones who are willing to be either mentors or mentees to connect with each other on LinkedIn.
Other avenues to consider are professional organizations relating to a particular area of interest. Below are some excellent sites listing such organizations:
- Gateway to Associations Online — Maintained by the American Society of Association Executives, this site provides a comprehensive directory to Web sites of business and professional associations.
- Associations on the Net — This site, from The Internet Public Library, lists organizations that have a Web presence, enabling you to explore groups you might want to join.
- WEDDLE’s Association Directory — This site lists several thousand associations from around the world by their primary professional/occupational focus and/or industry of interest. Maintained by WEDDLE’s, a research, publishing, consulting, and training firm.
The above are not the only avenues for finding information about mentoring, but my hope is that the information above will help guide you or someone you know in finding what they are looking for.
Please feel free to comment on any of the information I listed above. Let’s stay strong and keep growing!
If you feel the above information was valuable to you, or if you feel someone else may find this information useful, feel free to share this site with them.